Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mom calls this feature the Well of Souls. I don't k.now why. It sounds kind of neat - lower a bucket, get a soul. I can think of a few people who ought to try that...Anyway, it's found along the trail at Wompatuck State Park
This is the Well of Souls, without me trying to see if anyone dripped a soul for me to scavenge.
If you look really hard, you can see the tiny little blue wildflowers peeking up from the grass. Mom says that this means Spring is here.

Yesterday, Mom and I went to Wompatuck. It was a local holiday called Patriot's Day, which ostensibly celebrates the battles of Lexington and Concord but is really just an excuse to shut down the city of Boston so the marathon is less disruptive to traffic and commerce. Since it was a holiday, the park was a lot more crowded than usual, and much of that crowd was well below the age of 10 human years.

I love kids. I love everything and all people, but I'm especially fond of kids. Mom has no idea why this should be, as I don't get much exposure to kids, but I'm much better behaved with kids than I am with adults. I do not jump on them. I do not try to play tug with their trousers. I do not try to mount them. I sit down nicely and let them pet me. If they're big enough I might lean on them. Most of yesterday's kids were great. Some were more great than others. There was one little girl in particular, she was no more than two and so tiny! She was very sweet and gave me a kiss. There were two other girls, maybe between 7 and 10, who were also very sweet. Some other kids tried to give me a stick, but it was a very small stick and I ate it. They thought this was funny, but their grandmother was very embarassed.

I put a few pictures from yesterday up, so you can see how nice the weather is becoming.

No comments: