Friday, August 22, 2008

A special treat for me

Yesterday Mom and I went back to the original part of the Blue Hills that we'd been to, the part by Houghton's Pond. I don't think that we'd been there since she got the new camera! Anyway, we had a great time. Mom had originally planned to take me on a much longer loop to tire me out, but as it turns out it's just as well that she didn't. There was a wonderful surprise waiting for me!
This is me not long after we arrived.
This is a mess. I like a mess!
There's a dragonfly here somewhere.
There he is!
Here he is at another angle. He's very pretty. Not pretty enough for three pictures in my opinion, but mom likes pictures of bugs.
This is the trail marker that tells Mom that we've gone on the wrong trail.
These are pebbles scattered about the middle of the trail.
I don't know what this is, but it sure does stand out!
This is the source of the pebbles.
This is me being enthusiastic about something, I've forgotten what.
This is me licking my nose at a crossroads. We went right.
This was my wonderful surprise! We met a seven month old sheepdog named Dora. She's absolutely beautiful, with great markings and the most stunning blue eyes. She's so good that her mom can let her off leash! She wanted to play, and we played for a while on leash and then Mom actually dropped the leash for me so I could run around with Dora. We were so happy to run and wrestle together! I love Dora.
After Dora and I parted ways, I found some muck to splash in and some water to drink.
Drink!
You can see the primordial ooze on my leg. It smelled like sulphur.
This is the path before us.
It took us someplace we already knew - one of the picnic areas near the pond! Yesterday must have been the best day ever.

No comments: