Monday, August 25, 2008

A steep climb, and a new best friend!

What an exciting weekend! On Friday, Mom took me to an obscure part of the Blue Hills. We'd been there before, but Mom forgot to bring her map. She had planned out a route, but we got turned around trying to avoid a small child. He was a very nice small child, but Mom didn't think that it was the safest thing around under the circumstances. Anyway, we couldn't completely avoid the kid but we got lost, and did a lot of climbing.
Lady, this is the only pose you're getting from me. Be happy with it!
There's something under this pile of leaves.
This is the path? You've got to be kidding me!
I'm part mountain goat, despite the tag that says I am officially a dog.
Come on, Mom! What's the hold up?
Down.
This is the view from the top of the steep steep hill.
It's a beautiful view. Not worth the stress of the climb, but a beautiful view.
Yes, we really did climb this. Mom was worried that I'd accidentally knock the little kid down the hill.
It goes higher?
Mom did not write this grafitti.
But a Golden Retriever really is the incarnation of Love, so it seemed appropriate.
What do you mean we have to go up again?
Whatever you say, lady!
After that, Mom stopped taking pictures and started concentrating on getting us home.
On Sunday, my Auntie Carol brought me a surprise: a new best friend.
This is Eden.
She's an 8 1/2 year old Doberman, and such a sweet and good dog! She was so much fun. She was very patient with me and let me chase her around all day. I love Eden.
This is me and Eden begging for a treat.
See how happy I am? I smile.
I learned how to be a Good Dog from Eden.
She was a very good teacher!
We both begged.
When we begged, we got treats.
Aren't we cute?

No comments: