Monday, August 11, 2008

Stoddard's Neck

I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long. Mom went on vacation, and the sitter wouldn't let me use the computer. Something about not having opposable thumbs... Anyway, before Mom left, she took me to a new place. These are the pictures from that new place.
As soon as we got there, I made a beeline for the river and jumped right in.
There were other dogs, but I was more interested in the river.
See how happy I am?
This is the view from one side of the beach when we got there.
And this is the view in the other direction.
Someone probably needs these.
Okay, I'll get out of the river.
Pretty flowers.
Hah! Right back in.
Isn't this the cutest face?
I tried to drink the river.
Tennis ball.
This can't seriously be a bridge.
You can't expect me to walk over it.
There has to be a way around this.
Shake!~
Some kind of water bird.
Edge of the beach.
What in the world is this?
This is the decayed remains of an old barge.
Someone left a bunch of bowls around for us dogs.
Rock.
I really like this place, Mom!
See me smile?
This is an old foundation.
There's some kind of egret here.
And I'm off again!
I like to swim.
Debris.
The egret is there.
You can't see him really well, I guess.
Debris with a nail in.
It's an awfully big nail.
Here's the egret again!
He got to be friends with me.
More debris.
There was a lot of debris.
Egret!
He flew around a lot.
I sometimes think I can fly.
Mom says that's why I have to be on a leash.
He's very graceful, isn't he?
I don't want to know what this is.
It doesn't smell like anything, but it looks suspicious.
Egret again!
Here he comes!
This is a view of what's across the river.
This is a pile of junk.
This shows us that this hummock belongs to McCarthy.
Another bowl.
This is a map of the area.
This is a view from the top of McCarthy's Hummock.
In another direction.
And another.

No comments: