Monday, January 14, 2008

Dull Days in Braintree

I know it's been a few days since I last posted, but these have been some pretty dull days in Braintree. The weather was lousy, and then Mom came down with a Horrible Creeping Crud. I don't really understand it, but she doesn't seem to want to do much but lie in bed, occasionally groan, and blow her nose a lot. This should create a real paper product windfall for me, assuming that I can get at any of it! She's getting wilier when it comes to keeping me away from paper.

This morning, after Dad left for work, I decided that I would help Mom out by cleaning off the counters. This resulted in some yelling. I don't know why. She likes it when the counters glisten, and they certainly glisten when I go about cleaning them. Maybe it's the fever talking.

All that can be easily pushed aside though, for excitement has started to return to my life. Snow has returned to Braintree! Yes, beautiful, wonderful, bountiful snow. I like snow. At least, I like certain aspects of the snow. I can bound through it with my ears flapping in the breeze, and chase the shovel when Dad shovels the deck. I'm not so fond of the coldness, but there is something to be said about bounding through it as it piles up around you! Plus, every snowstorm is like Christmas for me. I dig through the snow until I find the outdoor toys that are still in the yard, like my broom and my ball and my flowerpots, and then it's just like I got a new toy!

No comments: