Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Regarding sticks....

I'd like to take the opportunity to issue a formal complaint about the quality of sticks in Braintree these days. Yesterday my mom took me for a walk around the neighborhood. There were many sticks on the ground, so many that you'd think you'd died and gone to Heaven. These were good-sized sticks too, with lots of little branches. Some of them were longer than me, and quite thick besides. Every time I picked up a stick, though, it would disintegrate in my mouth. I'd be stuck with this little bit of stick no wider than my mouth.

I don't know what can be done to improve the low quality of Braintree sticks. I'm just a dog. But it is clear to me that something must be done or else there will be no sticks to carry!

I made up for the trauma of the disintegrating sticks last night. I have a tennis ball. It's a low-quality tennis ball, intended for dogs and not for tennis players, and I've pretty well wrecked it. The felt covering hangs off in little rubbery strips. Last night I brought the ball into the bed, grabbed one of the rubbery strips and swung it around. I managed to get Dad in three different bruises, and to get him in his computer monitor.

No comments: