Thursday, January 31, 2008

The miracle

Yesterday the weather was pretty awful here in Braintree. In the morning and for most of the afternoon it rained off and on, with very high winds. Even when the weather cleared later on, the winds were amazing. I spent the day here at home. On the many occasions where I asked Mom to let me outside, I amused myself by chasing the lawn furniture as it whirled around our deck.

That's not the miracle. As you know, I have two feline siblings, Minette and Talisker. They haven't been very close, historically speaking. In fact, until I came along, I'm told that they couldn't be in the same room together without a whole lot of fur flying - mostly Talisker's. Anyway, yesterday Mom and Dad were watching TV in the bedroom and Dad came out to get a drink of water. "Come here!" he called to Mom. "It's worth getting up!" Both cats were on the kitchen table, right next to each other, contentedly dozing. It was amazing. They stayed that way for a good half hour!

No comments: