Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a good boy am I!

Yesterday, Mom and Dad had something to do that required them to be out of the house all day. My friends Dwayne and Judith came to get them. I like them, especially Judith. She always wears black pants and lets me lean on her! Dwayne is fun, too. Even Big Sister Minette likes him, and she doesn't like anyone but Mom! Anyway, they all got in the car. Dwayne and Judith got to sit in the back seat, which is my seat, but I don't mind. I like to share.

Now, the day before, Mom and Dad went out to run some errands together. I went into my crate and they left. Imagine their surprise when they returned to find me greeting them at the door! I had escaped from my crate. Dad thinks that he just didn't close the crate right. Mom, well, she's seen me pawing at the latches to the crate, so she knows I understand what they're for. She knows I'm smart enough to get out on my own. They can't prove how I did it, and I'm sure not telling!

So yesterday, when they were getting ready to leave me alone for the whole day, they had a talk. I didn't wreck anything when I was loose and running around the whole house for hours. There isn't even any evidence that I got into the Little Chocolate Treats. When they go away for a longer period of time I usually stay in the downstairs bathroom, but they didn't want to leave me down there for as long as they were planning to be gone. So they decided that they would let me stay in the kitchen. My Auntie Laura had agreed to stop in and let me out later in the day.

What a good boy I was! I knew that this was an important step for Mom and Dad, letting me stay in the kitchen, so I made extra sure that I was good. I didn't wreck anything. I didn't Do It on the floor. When they came home I greeted them at the door, and I was so happy to see them that I crawled right into bed with them. Judith even brought me a little bit of Prime Rib as a reward! I ate it right up.

No comments: