Friday, January 25, 2008

Homework for me

I haven't been to school in a while. This is apparently because there are supposed to be other dogs in the class and their people were on vacation. In the meantime, I'm supposed to be doing homework. I'm having a very hard time with "stay." I don't really understand this command. The school uses food as a reward. Mom stands there with a treat. She says, "sit." Sit I know. I'm good with Sit. We're old friends. I didn't even need to go to school to learn Sit. Then she says, "Stay." I look at her quizzically. She says "stay" again and takes a step backwards. So I take a step forward and sit again. She rolls her eyes and says, "No, stay." Sometimes I lie down and stay there for a few steps, and then I get a treat. Really, though I like to just get up and take the treat.

No comments: