Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yogi Goes for a Swim

Yesterday was very warm for September, so Mom took me back to Plymouth Beach. She wore her "bathing suit," which is really just a pair of shorts that come a little past her knee, and her croc shoes so she could wade out a little farther with me.
Here I am on the beach!
Playing with the waves.
Bobbing for bobs.
I love the beach so much!
I started pulling toward the water as soon as I got out of the car.
I expected this to float away but it was actually rooted there. And it was very pretty.
I poked it with my nose anyway.
This is a different kind of seaweed. I don't know why it's red.
I waded out onto these rocks.
There were lots of little kids there today.
Right now I can see one off in the distance.
It was a windy day.
My ears flopped back!
I loved it.
On the sand.
Clams.
They look pretty, except for the cigarette butt.
Back in!
These were clearly carved by zombies.
What I don't get is, why?
I don't think I'd like to be a crab.
You either wash up on shore and dry out, or you get eaten by a seagull.
I wouldn't mind eating one though.
I thought those were natural, but when we found this spent squeeze of lemon I wasn't so sure anymore.
Why are these holes here?
They were clearly cut.
This one goes all the way through!
Can't catch me!
Caught you!
Gallop.
Splash!
What's this?
Maybe if I poke it...
Look! There's water under these rocks!
I can pretend I'm a mountain goat.
There's a lot less sand under this rock than there was when I started.
Mighty Yogi!
On the sand again.
Look! A little kid with a bucket!
Scratch!
Swim!
Swimming is my favorite hobby.
I could do it for hours!
Wink!
Smile! Yogi loves you!
That was the funniest thing ever.
I'll swim to England with Mom!
Oh... England is far.
Guess I'll stroll on the sand instead.
Look how clear this water is.
I don't know what that line is.
But I'll swim over and find out!
See?
I will sleep well tonight!
And I will splish about in my dreams.
What do you mean I need a bath?
I love the beach!
Don't you want to come swim too?
Look!

No comments: