Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More Friends to Play With

Yesterday Mom and I went to the Bare Cove park. It was fun. We took a couple of different side tracks just to make the walk longer, since the weather is supposed to be pretty bad for the rest of the week and I don't like to be out in the rain. The weather yesterday was fabulous, so it was a good idea on her part.

We met lots of new friends. There was a Springer Spaniel. She was very timid, but her mom says she's afraid of everyone. She was therefore very brave when she walked up to Mom and gave her a little snuggle! She even let me play with her a little bit. There was a big black Lab who was feeling frolicsome too. I also encountered Abbie, the beagle who didn't like me from last week. She was a little friendlier this time. She actually played with me. The problem came when she decided she really liked Mom and that Mom was part of her pack now. I don't mind sharing Mom, because Mom likes anything on four legs, but Abbie didn't feel like sharing. I also encountered a very... affectionate Yorkie. That was... different.

We also met a friend named Lexi. That was great! We ran around and around. Lexi also unhooked my leash, allowing me to run around even more. This caused Mom some consternation, but I didn't run far. I even came back when called... eventually.

Mom says that whatever the weather may do, Spring is officially here. There were some vines that flower in the Spring. I don't know what they're called. Anyway, they've been brown all winter, and when we saw them yesterday they were green. Mom says that this is important, but I don't understand it. I'm only 7 months old. I don't know what Spring is. I know Fall. That's when I came to live with Mom and Dad. I know Winter. It's been Winter for about a million years. I was born in Summer, but I don't remember much of it. So we'll see what this Spring is all about. I hope it involves frisbees.

No comments: