Friday, March 28, 2008

Minuteman National Park

Mom was talking to the vet. I'm going to have an important operation in about a week and a half, and the vet needed to get a blood test for the anesthesia. Now, we live in Braintree. The vet is in Arlington, which is about an hour away and on the other side of Boston. Mom also knew that the weather today was going to be pretty awful, so she wanted to be sure that I got good and tired. She decided that she would take me to Minuteman National Park, where our country basically started. We were there for close to three hours!

It was a great walk. Basically Minuteman National Park takes the places where the American Revolution started between Lexington and Concord and makes a trail out of them. There are old houses in various states of repair that were there during the fight. Some of them still look like someone could live in them, albeit without electricity. Others are nothing but the foundations. I loved going into the ruins of the houses that are just foundations. I could smell the traces of dogs and cats that were there hundreds of years ago. At least, I thought I could. The trail is long, and we didn't even go on all of it! There are informative signs to piddle upon. In case you forget and think that this was all put up for show, you can see all sorts of markers all along the trail that state that "Near This Spot Lies Buried a British Soldier." They have to say "near" because the graves were unmarked, but I didn't dig up any bones. I did meet some other dogs, to include a very nice hunting-breed dog from Virginia named Rusty. We played for a while. It was great fun, and historically interesting although as a dog my interest in history is kind of limited. Mom likes it though, and things that make her happy make me happy.

Then we went to the vet. I love the vet! The people there are so nice, and there are other dogs to play with. I didn't want to get on the scale, though. I wanted to jump on the nurse and play with her, so she had to get a guy to help her make me stand on the scale. I can't wait to go back! They gave me treats and everything!

No comments: