Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Friends in the Old Park

Yesterday Mom and I went to the usual park, the Blue Hills. It was a clear blue day, cold but not as cold as Thursday, and we had a great time. There is something in the park, on the wooded side of the pond as you come around toward the end of the path and the parking lot. Mom doesn't know what it is either, since its tracks were so smudged as to be unrecognizable. Whatever it was, though, the smell really excited me.

The best part of the trip was that I made two new dog friends, in the same place. One was a beautiful, smiling, happy Pit Bull named Cody. Cody wasn't very playful, he just wanted to play with his ball, but that's okay. He was friendly with me and we sniffed each other. Cody's mom probably loves him almost as much as my mom loves me. After we met Cody we walked around the park and when we got back to the field near the parking lot there was another dog, playing with a different kind of ball, in his place! This one was a Boxer and he was there with his dad. He was a little more playful and we ran around and around. I was so tuckered out when I got home that I just went flop right on the bed!

No comments: