Friday, February 29, 2008

More of an adventure than we intended

Yesterday, Mom took me back to Heaven - er, Bare Cove Park. It was amazingly cold and Mom forgot her gloves, but that was okay. We went earlier than we did last time because we wanted to explore more of the park. We went right instead of left, and then when we reached the park border we went back the other way. I met lots of new doggies. There was a Pug who liked Mom and gave her a kiss - I bet Dad will be jealous. There was a very nice German Shepherd, but she had a friend named Abby who looked part beagle and Abby didn't like me much. She liked Mom just fine, though, and seemed to want to defend Mom from me. That was kind of funny. Mom says she's a sweet dog. I respectfully disagree. I also made a friend who loves to be chased so much that she ran back and forth within reach of my leash!

We didn't take too many side paths, because that's what Abby and her people were doing and Mom didn't want to give her any extra stress. We did eventually take one side path. Now, Mom is pretty sure she read the signs right, but the path put us right outside the park! We were horribly lost in Hingham! She didn't want to go back into the park the way we'd come out in case we got even more lost. Fortunately, she had the GPS system in her pocket, and we were able to hike our way back to our car. This was kind of a lot of work - no sidewalks, so we were stomping through the snow - but we made it. This was definitely more of an adventure than we intended!

No comments: