Thursday, May 22, 2008

Triphammer Pond trail

Yesterday Mom and I went back to Wompatuck State Park. We took the path that goes by Triphammer Pond. I know we've taken it once before, but neither of us really remembered it so I wanted to take it again. These are some pictures from our trip.
This is a picture of my namesake, Yogi Berra. I don't look anything like this, but Mom and I thought he should be included. We're pretty sure that the picture came from either Yahoo or the New York Daily News.
This is me in the car. I fell asleep as soon as Mom got me in there. There was a nice warm sunny spot and one thing led to another and... Mom says I snore.
I woke up in time to enjoy our trip. As soon as we got close to Triphammer Pond I jumped in. This is me in the pond.
This is one view of Triphammer Pond. Isn't it pretty? On such a nice day, the pond was so still you could see the trees reflected.
This is Triphammer Pond from another angle. Don't you just want to jump right in?
I did, as you can see. I was chasing a bird, I think.
Here is me stalking something.
And here I am rescuing a stick. I don't know what the sticks would do if not for me!
This is a strange board bridge that we found along the path. The ground was kind of soft, but not soft enough to require a bridge. I guess it would be different if we'd gotten a lot of rain the day before. It held Mom's weight perfectly. I think she kind of enjoyed it, pretending that it was a balance beam or something.
Here is me next to the board bridge.
Here I am inspecting another bridge. This one looks more normal.
Here I am tasting the bridge. It tasted good.
Here are some pretty ferns Mom thought you might enjoy.
This is a bench. I don't know why it's there. It's in the middle of a random clearing, a landscaped space that I just don't get. Perhaps it's a religious space for zombies?
See? It's obviously been landscaped, and someone is taking care of it, but there is no label and no other evidence that anyone's ever been there. I'm telling you, it has to be the zombies.
Here is some random rotting rope that we found in the clearing.
Here I am sitting in the clearing. I do know how to sit, whatever you may suspect.
This is a bone fragment we found on our way out. Mom wouldn't let me eat it.
See, here are some more bone fragments. Mom said I couldn't eat it because she couldn't identify it. I can identify it: zombie leftovers. Yum!







No comments: