Thursday, May 22, 2008

A zombie encounter

Today Mom and I went to the St. Moritz Nature Trail in the Blue Hills. It's been a while since we went there, but Mom had a lot to do and this place was closest. We had a bit of a scare. We were walking through the park and I saw a little trail I wanted to go on. We had never been on this trail before, and Mom thought it would be okay. We didn't get very far. Once we were through the brush, we saw what we thought was a pile of old clothes. Then we realized that someone was actually inside the old clothes! Mom was nervous. She thinks I wouldn't be much good at defending her if something happened. Still, she didn't want to have something happen. So we went back onto the main trail and walked until we found another person, a very nice lady who happened to be going in the right direction anyway. Mom asked if she would mind coming with her, because she wanted to see what was going on but didn't want to do it alone. Nice Lady said okay, and all three of us went back to the deer trail.

Nice Lady yelled from a good distance. The man did not wake up. We got a little closer and yelled again. He still didn't wake up. We had to get very close and very loud before he woke up - Mom wouldn't let me lick his ear, which works for Dad. Anyway, it turned out that he wasn't dead, or sick, or unconscious. He was a construction worker on his lunch hour taking a nap. Everyone laughed, and the man thanked us for checking on him. I'm not convinced he's not a zombie, but the Nice Lady went her way and we went ours and the zombie man went back to sleep or whatever. These pictures were all taken afterward.
This is me on a trail.
This is a pretty little clearing. Can you see the old stone wall in the background?
This is a burnt out old tree trunk. It looks unpleasant, doesn't it?
This is me sulking. There is a cemetary on the other side of the park. I wanted to go in. I heard that there were bones there. Mom wouldn't let me. She's so mean!
I got her back, though, by jumping into a stinking mud pit.
See? Now half of me is black! I look like I have pants on! You should see how I smell!

Anyway, Mom is going away for a few days, so she won't be around to post any of our new adventures. I'm staying with Dad, which should be an adventure in and of itself! Mom says she will miss me, but not the smell.

No comments: