Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ponkapoag Trail




Yesterday was kind of an odd day. In most ways it was pretty good. It started out like all days do. At one point, though, I got into the basement and into the storage room. When I got in there, I got into some stuff, like toilet paper rolls (which I LOVE!) Mom and Dad didn't see anything else amiss, and they weren't sure how I'd gotten in there in the first place. I wouldn't mention the incident but it will become important later.
Later on, Mom took me for a walk. We went to another part of the Blue Hills Reservation, an area we hadn't ever been to before. It was called the Ponkapoag Trail. It was nice! I didn't stay still for pictures, but Mom got some great shots of some cabins in the woods. Apparently an organization called AMC runs a summer camp type thing there. Who knew? I mean, it's right off the highway. Literally. You get off the exit, go left and you're there. Anyway, these pictures are from the camp. The other pictures really didn't stay. I did have two events that were even more exciting than going to a new section of the park, though. One of them was horses. Yes, I finally got close to the creatures that leave me all those treats! They are HUGE! I thought they might be unsafe for Mom, so I barked at them. A lot. They went away, because I scared them off. I am a good dog. I also met a standard poodle named Bucky. Bucky is my age. He was very friendly. We played and wrestled. Bucky is better trained than I am, because his dad could let him off the leash. I cannot go off-leash in the park. I would have run off to find those horses.
Anyway, we got home, I had some water. Then I threw up on the kitchen floor. This enabled Mom to see what my great secret was from the basement. Apparently they had a bowl of Halloween candy in there. It dated at least from when they moved into the house and was older than I am. Fortunately for me, there was no chocolate in it. There was plenty of other candy, though, and I went to town. I ate it, wrappers and all. Airheads, Laffy Taffy, it was all mine and I loved it.... until my tummy started to hurt. It hurt a lot. Later on in the night, I had to get all that bad stuff out of my system, so I went outside. I went outside a lot, and eventually Mom just left me out there. (Warning: this part is kind of gross.) I went out there and squatted down to do my business, and the most amazingly loud sound came out! I jumped about a foot and moved to another part of the yard, and it happened AGAIN! This happened three or four times before I figured out that it was coming from me. Dad has never laughed quite so much in his life, and he wanted me to share it with you. He was quite insistent, in fact. Pesky Dad!
Anyway, I'm feeling much better today, so I guess there was no harm done.

No comments: