Friday, May 16, 2008

A new park!

A couple of days ago, Mom decided to take me to a new park. Unfortunately, it is spring now. These first couple of pictures are of the coating of yellow powder, called "pollen" that was covering our behemoth truck when we left! I don't think mom had that great a time because of the pollen, but I had a blast.

This is me looking for something in the park. I did find a dead mousie, but Mom wouldn't let me eat it. She was pretty firm about that. I wonder if she wanted it for herself?
Even though Mom wouldn't let me have the dead mousie, I had a really good time, as the smile on my little doggie face can attest. I had met another dog, a very small dog who wasn't very fond of me. His people loved me very much though. Everybody loves a Yogi Dog!
This is me after we came home from the park. I am in the kitchen. See how happy I still am?



This is me being happy again.
This is me begging for more food. As a Golden Retriever, I do this frequently.
When we got home from the park, Mom was feeling so lousy that she had to lie down for a while. I was ecstatic, because I got to join her. Aren't I just the prettiest thing you've ever seen? I'm using Mom's bathrobe as a pillow.
Can I get back to my beauty rest now?

This picture is from last night. Mom and Dad completely emptied the bedroom - well, it was mostly Dad. Mom disliked the empty room. She said it looked like a hotel with a dog crate in it. Anyway, Dad found a piece of belly dance costuming that someone had given Mom. She doesn't dance, but it does make a great jingly sound. As a joke, they put it on my head. I loved it! I ran around with it, shaking it to make the jinglies jinglier. They took it off, but I absolutely insisted that they put it back. They let me wear it for a while before they took it off and I went to sleep. I know the picture is blurry, but it was such a fun occasion that I just had to share it!

No comments: