Friday, February 8, 2008

A bad day at school

Yesterday I went to school, and it was not a good day. I expected it to be a good day - I was very excited to get in the car with Mom, and when we got there she bought me a toy to use for one of the training exercises - it had to be an unfamiliar toy or a forbidden object, and she didn't feel comfortable bringing her dirty laundry to Petco. My friend Stephanie was there and on time. Everything should have gone well!

I think that there were two reasons that it didn't go well. First, there were lots of people in the store, many more than there are on most Thursday mornings. This was very exciting to me, because as you know I just loooove people. However, it was not conducive to class. This is especially true because some of the people were there cleaning... with brooms. Brooms are just big sticks. My favorite outside toy is the remains of an old broom. Mom kept telling me that the nice men weren't there to play with me, but I didn't believe her.

The second reason has something to do with the men with brooms. Once they got me into the training area and somewhat calmed down, the men started up these big machines to clean the floors. These were loud machines and they were very scary to me! We were supposed to be working on coming when called. This required me to stay when Mom backed away. There was no way I was letting Mom go more than two steps away from me, not with those big machines running around. Ultimately, they just gave up, and Mom and I came home. I thought she was kind of disappointed in me, but she gave me the toy she'd bought earlier. It is now my favorite toy. I bring it in the bed and sometimes I leave it for Mom, so she knows I love her.

No comments: