Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Small Adventure

Yesterday the weather was gray and dismal... not unlike today. The weather report didn't offer much hope, calling for a Winter Storm Watch with all sorts of exciting but vaguely ominous graphics that suggested an imminent end to life as we know it. Needless to say, we didn't go walking like we had intended. Still, Mom felt bad. She felt that I should at least go somewhere. So, around six o'clock, her phone rang. She got up, grabbed her keys and my leash, and we went into the car.

Now, I didn't know where she thought we were going to go in the dark and rain, especially since a Great Wave was sure to wash over everything east of I-495 at any moment. The park was almost certainly not an option. She began driving. We started off going the way we go to get to Bare Cove Park, but we stopped and turned into this huge complex. The complex made me nervous. It was big and scary. Was it an evacuation shelter? The news said there might be flooding.

Then Mom pulled the car in to a curb indoors. The door of the car opened. It was Dad! We had gone to get him from the T! They changed seats and we all came home. I was so happy to see Dad, and he was so happy (and surprised) to see me. It was a small adventure, but at least I got to go somewhere.

No comments: