Thursday, February 7, 2008

Scared in Braintree!

Tonight has been so scary here in Braintree! We're having some pretty wild weather here. We're getting thunder and lightning. I've never seen lightning before. I've never heard thunder before either, and I don't mind telling you I don't like it one bit! It's so loud that it feels like the whole house is shaking. It's not so bad in the basement, I can't hear it down there, but when I have to come upstairs it is not a nice feeling.

Then there's the rain. It's not just rain. I mean, I've heard rain before. I don't like it, but I'm mostly used to it. Tonight it's just coming down so hard! It sounds like a thousand little feet stomping on the roof - especially in the sunroom, where it's all coming down on glass. Sometimes it doesn't come down as rain, either. Sometimes it comes down as ice. I asked to go out in it for just a second, which was a major mistake. It was like having a thousand pebbles dropped on my back!

I'm not really sure what to do about it. On the one hand, I'm very scared, especially when the ice comes down. My fur stands all up, and I bark and bark at the ice to scare it away but it just keeps coming. So I want to hide in my crate, where I know I'm nice and safe. On the other hand, Mom and Dad seem oblivious to the danger and are just kind of hanging out, doing their things. Who will protect them if I'm in my crate? I've tried coming out and trying to herd them into the crate with me, but they don't seem to be particularly keen on the idea. They think quarters might be a little close, especially since I'm overdue for a bath.

I think I'll hide in the crate for a while. Mom and Dad are probably okay for now. If I think they're in danger again, though, look out!

No comments: