Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A gift, and some ice

Sometimes I think my Mom just doesn't get it. Yesterday started off like such a good day. I was outside and she was asleep. When she got up I wanted to come inside and hang out with her. I was feeling pretty good, because Sunday was such a good day, and I wanted to give her a present. So I brought one to the door and I sat there, looking all hopeful. I won't say what the present was, but let's just say I would certainly eat it, if I hadn't already. It was hanging out of my mouth. Mom was not amused. She was not pleased. She didn't even tell me I was a good dog. She squealed, and yelled "Gross!" She wouldn't even let me come into the house with it! She made me drop it outside and wouldn't even let me get in the bed afterward. Or lick her.

I think she did eventually realize the error of her ways, because later on we played ball outside and went down to the lake. Large swathes of the lake were still semi-frozen. I walked on it and made a lot of noise, breaking up the ice. I didn't mind sinking in - Mom still had me on the leash and anyway, she didn't let me get all that far. But when it was time for me to get out of the lake, I kept trying to walk on top of the ice. Hey, don't laugh. It was a flat surface. Just not a stable one!

No comments: