Sunday, February 24, 2008

My new toy

On Thursday, Mom bought me a new toy. Well, she bought me three toys, actually. The snow and ice had melted enough that she could see that none of my outside toys survived the winter, which led to my using the cushion from a patio chair as a chew toy. I don't know if I'm going to hear the end of that one. Anyway, while she was in the toy aisle she saw something so cute that it had to come home, and now I am the proud owner of a rubber purple elephant.

I love my new purple elephant. I haven't managed to get my mouth all the way around him yet, but he doesn't mind if I carry him around by his ear or his trunk. When his squeaker is activated it makes a very different sound than my squeaky olive toy (far and away my favorite), or my Wesley bear (whose squeaker seems to have gone away), or my puppy (the kind you see in the commercials with the Dachshund.) If the squeaker is activated in a particularly forceful way - say, by my dad stepping on the elly at two AM on his way to the bathroom - it emits the most mournful, distressing sound and frightens the two-legs right out of their wits!

I love my new elly toy. Because he's made of rubber, I'm less likely to be able to destroy him quickly and he will be with me for a long time.

No comments: