Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A new little friend

The weather here in Braintree is awful. It snowed yesterday, and was so cold that Mom couldn't take me for a walk. Today it's raining, and it's raining so hard that you can't see the lake from the back window.

This doesn't have to mean that I don't get to see much, though. Yesterday Mom had lunch with her friend Patricia. Patricia is my good friend Wesley's mom. She stopped in yesterday because Mom wanted to give her some tart to take away. Wes wasn't with her, but she brought someone else in. When she walked into the house she was carrying something big and plastic that she put very carefully on some chairs. Mom was very concerned about me getting near the plastic thing. I could smell that the plastic thing contained something human, something that kind of smelled like Patricia and Wes. When she put it down, I could see that it was a very small person! I was amazed. I saw a very small person during my Monday walk, but from a distance. This very small person mostly slept while they were there, but Patricia was very nice and gave me hugs and scritches.

I jumped up once or twice, even though Mom really didn't want me to. I am taller than Patricia when I stand on my hind legs.

No comments: