Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New friends in Braintree

Yesterday Mom and I walked around Braintree. There's an area she likes to walk, because there are lots of nice quiet side streets for us to meander down and she doesn't have to keep me on as short a leash. It was nice, but boy was it cold! It was even cold for me, and I have a nice fur coat to keep me warm.

We met some new friends. We met a nice woman. She had a baby in a little carrier. I thought at first that it might be a good child for me to play with - I love kids - but it was way too small. It was smaller than my forearm! She gave me scritches, though, and told me that if her older son were there he'd be absolutely ecstatic. She rubbed under my chin. We also met a very nice gentleman who smoked a pipe. I really liked him. He knew just where to scritch me to get the most smiles!

I think that my favorite friend we met was a very nice older gentleman (well, older than me anyway) who called himself Jackie. Jackie gave me lots of pats and scritches, and he seemed very happy to see me. Seeing me out walking with Mom brought back happy memories of his dog Mickey, who he had when he was a very small child. Mickey was a German Shepherd and sounds like he was a very good dog. In some ways I think Jackie was sad, because Mickey passed away many years ago. On the other hand, he relived a lot of very happy memories and it sounds like Mickey had a good life. So even though we made him miss Mickey all over again, I'm glad we met him!

No comments: