Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cow Tent Hill eventually

Yesterday Mom tried to take me someplace new: the Scituate Driftway Conservation Area. Unfortunately, the Scituate Driftway Conservation Area is not in the GPS, and some construction in the area resulted in road closures, police men guarding barricades, and our getting very lost without finding the Driftway. Mom then decided to take me to Humarock Beach. There was more construction and more road closures and more barricades and more getting lost, but this time we found Humarock. Unfortunately, we also saw a sign that stated that dogs are not permitted on the beach between 10 AM and 6 PM, and a police man there to make sure that this stayed so. By this point we'd been driving around for a while so Mom took me for a little walk up and down the road. I made a deposit on the no dogs sign and we got back into the car. Eventually, we came to someplace Mom thought looked kind of promising: Cow Tent Hill. It was a tiny little piece of conservation land, very tiny, but mostly vertical. There aren't a lot of pictures because we didn't do much, but Mom took a couple snaps of me later just to get you your Yogi fix.
This is where we were. It is in Duxbury. I was excited to see the cow tent, but Mom said it didn't smell bovine at all.
I sniffed and sniffed for some trace of cow.
I was just happy to be out of the car!
This is the view from the top of Cow Tent Hill. Note the distinct absence of cows. And tents.
There is a hut.
Here I am in the yard.
Here I am being cute.

No comments: